Your well-being is our #1 priority to ensure we assist you in Maintaining Healthy Smiles! We are committed to providing essential dental services to you during this time. We are constantly staying up-to-date with California Department of Public Health, OSHA, CDC and Dental Association guidelines and adhere to a strict infection control process as always. We are also COVID-19 COMPLIANT certified with the County of San Bernardino and are committed to maintain compliance to the county.
Below is our Kids Dental Specialists COVID-19 protocol so you are informed prior to your next visit:
1. Masks: We are requiring patients/guardians to wear masks to enter our office and while in our office at all times until requested to remove for your dental visit.
2. Patient Screening for Appointment Setting:
To reserve your appointment date/time the electronic COVID-19 Pre-Screening Form must be completed to secure your appointment. Use the following link to access the form, Click: Patient Forms.
(The forms can also be accessed using the Patient Forms button at the top of our site or under Patient Info in the top menu.)
3. Staff Screening: Every staff member is screened for any symptoms and temperatures taken at the start of each shift
4. Appointment Arrival Screening: We will ask for confirmation of the COVID-19 Pre-Screening Form answers provided and take temperature readings of all visitors in our office. Our lobby areas are marked for distancing family groups and also provide a text/call option to wait in your car in place of the lobby.
5. Limited Appointment Availability: As we are limiting the number of appointments to allow for infection control and appropriate distancing in the office, there are less appointments each day available to our patients. We will strictly enforce our No Show/Late Cancellation Policy in order to be able to meet all our patients needs during this time. Please inform us to cancel/reschedule if you or your child is having any known COVID-19 symptoms so we may reschedule your appointment at a later date/time. If you are not able to make your reserved appointment, please contact our office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/leave a voicemail/text at 909-591-0077 to avoid a $75 late cancellation/no show fee per missed child’s appointment to your account, a timeframe at least:
- 24 hours in advance (1 business day) from your routine preventative care appointment time
- 3 business days prior to your treatment appointment date
6. Limited Visitors to essential family members only: We request that you limit your visit to essential family members only so we may limit the number of people in our office at any given time. We do understand that with daycare being an issue right now that it may not always work out. Please list all visitors in the COVID-19 Pre-Screening Form so we can account and prepare for your arrival.
7. Disinfection Protocol: Dental Offices have always adhered to strict OSHA/CDC guidelines for disinfection of operators in between patients. We have added disinfection of general areas with EPA-approved disinfection agents in addition to our normal cleaning process of general areas. We also ask that all our visitors utilize our hand sanitizer throughout the office.
8. Added Air Purification: Our HVAC/HEPA system currently handles office air purification exchange 25 times or more per hour. In addition, we have added air purifiers in each operatory and in our general areas that purify the room air every 15 minutes.
9. During your Dental Care Visit: Hand sanitizer will be readily available and Peroxyl mouthwash will be given to you to rinse your mouth prior to the start of your dental care. For treatment appointments, we utilize a disposable Isolite mouthpiece which effectively reduces aerosols for your safety and our staff’s safety during your treatment.
10. Moving Towards More Electronic Systems: We provide Online Patient Forms, Online Payments Available, Online Appointment Requests, Electronic Payment Options to save on file for future visits, Treatment Planning e-signatories coming. We also do ask if our patients pay for services rendered via credit card, online, and mitigate the use of cash.
Thank you for your assistance in helping us keep you and our staff safe. We are all in this together! As always, any questions you may have please give us a call at 909-591-0077 or email us at email@example.com and we will assist you with your questions.Your dental family at Kids Dental Specialists